Kiwi Farming can be subdivided into a series of discrete steps, which are covered in detail in our website, step by step.
- Step 1: Selecting the correct kiwifruit species for your purpose
- Step 2: Learn the basics of growing kiwifruit
- Step 3: Make sure you prepare the soil and select the site properly, keeping in mind the most common problems with kiwifruit pests
- Step 4: Decide if you want to pollinate kiwis, or if you want to propagate them (hint: it’s easier to propagate them, but you will ideally need some pollinated rootstock to build upon)
- Step 5: prepare to pick, keep and store kiwifruit properly